There are thousands of online sites, and each promises to reward you for participating in a program.
But does this site deliver on that promise?
This post is written based on the information and testimonials available online in the public domain.
You can also check out the step-by-step training to help you start your online business.
What is Nu Skin?
Nu Skin began in 1984 in Provo, Utah. Nu Skin has a wide range of cosmetic and skincare products.
Nu Skin has grown, and its products are available in more than 50 markets worldwide.
Nu Skin has a network of over 1 million independent distributors to sell its products. These distributors earn money through a multi-level marketing system.
This post is not about Nu Skin products which I understand are excellent, but about the earning opportunity that Nu Skin Offers.
NuSkin offers a complete line of men’s and women’s skin and hair care, and They offer everything from dermatological solutions for skin problems to more traditional make-up for women. Everything for beauty, skin, or hair products is available here.
In addition, Nu Skin also offers a nutrition line, or nutraceutical line, which they call Pharmanex. Their LikePak Nano is designed to deliver nutrition that counters and guards against the effects of aging.
How Do You Earn As A Nu Skin Representative?
There are two ways in which an MLM Brand Affiliate can earn compensation: •
- Through retail markups on resales of products purchased at wholesale prices;
- Through sales compensation /bonuses for product sales and sales by the Brand Affiliate and others on their Team.
Before earning, you must sign up and purchase your product package, then enroll in the Automatic Delivery (ADL) program.
As with all businesses, making money on an MLM site as a Brand Affiliate requires considerable time, effort, and dedication.
Some people earn money through Nu Skin and direct selling, but unfortunately, the big earners are always the folks with large teams or downlines established over several years.
The earning possibility is low without a large downline, so do not expect to make much from NuSkin or any MLM.
It is possible to make some money on the actual products, but the money opportunity lies in getting others involved by recruiting and building a downline. So it’s selling the” opportunity” to others, not the products.
Watch this video
What Will Nu Skin Cost You?
The enrollment price is $25; as a new distributor, you do not have to sell any minimum volume of product.
However, to start earning commissions and bonuses, you need to purchase inventory at wholesale price and sell it to new customers. The wholesale stock is reduced by 25 %; you get to keep the 25% for yourself.
Most MLM requires you to buy or sell a monthly amount of dollars; with Nu Skin, it is $100. So, you would spend at least $100 each month to keep your subscription active.
Ways to Make Money with Nu Skin
There are ten different levels that you can earn with NuSkin. They all have their requirements, rules, and rewards.
With NuSkin, you have to get up to a Gold Executive level to reach $500 per month; according to their numbers, 1.09% reach that level.
Having been a former MLM member myself, reaching the GOLD Executive level seems like a challenging task; only 1.09% reach that level.
In 2020, Nu Skin paid approximately $161,333,653 to its Brand Affiliates residing in the U.S.
“Brand Affiliates,” who make up 11% of Active Brand Affiliates, earned $384 / year on average. Brand Representatives (3.3%) made $7,392 and Diamond Directors (0.12%) $112,932. Blue Diamond Directors are at the highest level (0.2.%) and averaged $449,688 in 2020.
In the United States, Nu Skin had an average of 84,003 Active Brand Affiliates in 2020. They represented an average of 43.56% of total Brand Affiliates.
Is Nu Skin Legit?
Yes, Nu skin Is legit; this company Nu Skin was founded in 1984 by Blake Roney, Sandie Tillotson, and Steve Lund.
The products are expensive, and the claims seem too good to be true.
Nu Skin is an illegitimate site and has been in existence since 1984, and the company has gone through some problems; they had a lawsuit filed against them in 2016
1, In 2016, Nu Skin paid $47 million to settle a putative class-action lawsuit that alleged its executives failed to disclose an unlawful pyramid scheme in China.
2] Also, in 2016, Nu Skin was awarded $336,000 in damages and restitution after a former team member allegedly stole personal care products.
 In 1991, Arata sued Nu Skin, claiming they were a pyramid scheme. The suit gained momentum, becoming a class-action suit that demanded over $80 million in damages. The courts ruled in Nu Skin’s favor six months later, affirming they were legitimate businesses.
Thinking of joining an MLM company
Anyone who is thinking of joining an MLM company in an attempt to generate money from home, think about it carefully; with an MLM company, the target is not so much the products, but it is the downline because that’s where you get the money.
As a former member of MLM, getting people to become members and not only become members but also to requite members and so on is not easy.
There are other ways to make money online, and my favorite is affiliate marketing; affiliate marketing is not a prosperous overnight business but requires time, effort, and dedication.
Affiliate marketing is an advertising model in which a company compensates third-party publishers to generate traffic or leads to the company’s products and services. The third-party publishers are affiliates, and the commission fee incentivizes them to find ways to promote the company.
And you can learn about affiliate marketing in ten lessons for free, and the good thing is that you will have your business site up and running at the end of these free lessons.
START YOUR FREE AFFILIATE MARKETING TRAINING HERE.
You can then decide if you would like to continue, and all this is free. The lessons are presented via video, and you can go at your own pace.
Earning an income through affiliate marketing requires:
- Research into products, a consistent engagement with the products and brand networks that you choose to endorse
- Understanding and using search engine optimization and social media marketing is necessary to attract new followers and generate additional income consistently.
As with every business, there are always Pros and Cons, so let us look at these.
Pros of Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is ideal for bloggers, coaches, information entrepreneurs, and those who build and maintain digital properties, such as YouTube channels. There are many aspects of affiliate marketing that make it a good home business model, including:
- No huge startup costs!
- No selling face to face!
- No stock to keep or manage!
- No recruitment involved!
- No taking of endless surveys!
- No considerable investment involved – (Get started for free)
- And no working for someone else!
- You can operate in any market you wish! – even your hobbies & passions!
- Earn a full-time income & more!. No limit to your earning potential!
- No physical products: No need to create a product or service because you are choosing one already existing.
- You don’t have to stock or ship products.
- Flexibility: You can work anytime and anywhere as long as you have internet access.
- Supplemental income: Depending on how you market your affiliate programs, there is passive income potential.
- You Can add Affiliate Marketing to your current home business to create an additional income stream, and you can have many income streams.
Cons of Affiliate Marketing
Like any business model, there are drawbacks and challenges to affiliate marketing as well, including:
- Time: It takes a commitment and experimenting over time to generate the amount of traffic needed to generate income.
- Competition: Affiliate marketing is highly competitive. Many affiliates promote the same products and compete for traffic and customers.
- Getting approved as an affiliate for popular companies or products can be challenging.
- Lack of ownership: The customers belong to the merchant. You will know how many sales you made of what product, but you’ll have no information about who purchased most cases.
- It takes time and patience to see success; you will not see success overnight.
Start Building Your Online Business Now! (Free to Sign Up)
You can be an affiliate marketer, and remember, you can start for free on one of the best training platforms,
I appreciate your time and look forward to your comments and questions, please remember to share.
NOTE: This post includes affiliate links, which, if clicked on and a product purchased, I get a small commission (with no increase in cost to you )