Benefits of owning a home-based business
This is the age of high tech. Most people are using technology in their daily lives.
People are doing more business on the internet than ever before. And because of this, brick-and-mortar business seems to be on the decline, and Home-based businesses are quickly becoming the fastest-growing form of business.
This trend can be seen especially in the closing of malls, where business is having their work done remotely using the internet.
This trend saves the company from renting or buying office and warehouse space.
The good thing about this trend is anyone can have a home base business; although working at home requires self-discipline, the benefits can be substantial.
Benefits of owning a home base business
- You will spend more time accomplishing your tasks than getting stuck in traffic on the drive to work. The wasted time commuting to work will be better used to meet your goals.
- You will be compensated for the time you work. You will make more money the harder you work. You will also save on gas and food.
- Anyone can start and own a successful online home base business if they have that desire, determination, and a strong passion for succeeding. Of course, you must be disciplined and have good time management.
The flexibility of Working Hours
- Setting your working hours is a plus; some work better at night when the family is asleep. Some works very early in the morning before the business of the day begins. You can work in the allotted time; you can set whether it is 3 hours twice a day or whatever suits you.
- There is almost no overhead cost when working from a home-based business as you are not renting office space or phones or paying for office utilities.
- There are also savings from not commuting to work. The zero commutes also save money on gas and wear and tear on your car.
How to start your home-based business
- Come up with a business idea to do this, focusing on identifying those skills that you are good at. Your previous professional experiences should give you an idea. Think of instances or trends where you were able to provide value.
Test your idea
- Before you go full into your business, it would be a good idea to test it first to see if it has the potential to work.
- It may seem good on paper in your mind, but you need to know for sure e that you have something that works.
- Another thing I would suggest is not to give up your job right away; keep working, even if it’s part-time, any business takes time to build and grow, and until it starts making money, you will need some cash to meet your daily expense.
Decide On your niche.
- Once you have decided on your business, the next step is identifying your target market.
- Identifying a particular group or segment of the population that is most likely to buy your product or service will be your target market. It would be good to identify this group early in setting up your business as you will have an idea if it would be feasible if there is a demand for your product or service.
Know your competitors
- Most business has a direct competitor. As an entrepreneur, you need to know the companies operating in the same market to differentiate your business from theirs.
- Maybe you can offer additional discounts, giveaways, or special offers to make your product or service stand out.
Set up your budget
- It is good to have a budget so you know where every cent is going; you will need to budget for things like advertising, and giveaways, whether it is e-books, discounted items, or gifts,
Chose your office space
- Depending on your business, you may need specialized equipment if you are going into the area of podcasts, webinars, training, or things of that nature.
Internet marketing, or online marketing, refers to the use of the web and email to advertise and market and to drive direct sales via electronic commerce,
In addition to sales leads from websites or emails. Internet marketing and online advertising are typically used in conjunction with traditional types of advertising, such as radio, television, newspapers, and magazines.
You may think you have no skills, technical knowledge, or special knowledge about anything. I must admit that was my concern too.
As a retired boomer with very little knowledge or skills in dealing with computers, I was very skeptical that I could ever accomplish the task of online marketing.
Browsing the internet one day, I came upon the Wealthy Affiliate website; it stated you could be a member for free, and there was no timeline for staying a free member; it sounded good to me as I had no intention of spending any more money having lost some of my hard-earned cash on internet scams.
Well, I joined Wealthy Affiliate in April of 2018, and I became a premium member two months after; I am by no means saying that affiliate marketing will make you rich in no time, This is not a get-rich overnight venture, but if you are willing to work, be disciplined, and patient you will see some outstanding results for your efforts.
At wealth Affiliate, the free membership gives you 1. website along with several themes to choose from; your WordPress website will be built in 30 seconds and comes with free web hosting and backup.
With the free membership, you will get 5. lessons given via videos; there is no rush to finish these lessons; you go at your own pace at the end of these lessons, and your website will be up and running and ready for business.
Wealthy Affiliate has been around for over 14 years and has an A+ rating with the BBB our membership consist of persons from approximately 193 countries.
There is also a very active and helpful community; we in this community are eager to assist each other; we are not competitive, we are willing, and we are of the same mindset to be successful online marketers.
There is also the premium membership; I would suggest you upgrade to premium, as with this membership, there are many more tools and information to assist you in achieving your goals.
Here is a comparison list of both memberships.
I have placed a screenshot of the free membership list of lessons and a video of one of the lesson videos; you can join for free here.
My Final Thoughts.
If you are thinking of starting your online business but not sure what to do, or maybe you have tried several that have turned out to be a scam and have lost some money, and are afraid to try again, I can understand that I have been there, but you can do what I did you can join for free HERE.
There is no time limit; you can join for free and build your website in no rush. And see if it is something you would like to do.
You can join by clicking on any of the links in this post; I will be there to meet you and be your coach as long as you need me to.
I look forward to meeting you on the WA platform; you can become a free member by clicking HERE.
Please leave your questions and comments below, and I will reply ASAP. Remember to share.
NOTE: This post includes affiliate links, which, if clicked on and a product purchased, I get a small commission (with no increase in cost to you).