Amazon Associate Program.
There are many ways of earning online when you have your own blog or website.
As, I have noted in a previous post.
But in this post, I am sharing how to make money using affiliate marketing from Amazon, there is no cost using this method and it is a very good start for beginners.
Earning through Amazon is one of the most popular ways for people to make money online but there are some very strict guidelines set by Amazon.
There are many stores that offers online shopping But Amazon is not only one of the biggest and most reliable over the years Amazon has built for itself a sterling reputation of trust which is very important in the online market.
The Amazon affiliate are called Amazon Associates here are some important facts about Amazon shoppers
80% of Amazon shoppers make a purchase at least per month once per month
Amazon Prime members spend at least $1,000 per year on Amazon.
Amazon customers rely on product reviews to make a purchase.
According to statista.com Amazon made $232.88 billion in 2018.
Amazon was started in 1996 as a small online retailer selling from the founders garage Jeff Bezos, there was not enough money for advertising in those days so a commission was paid when a referred customer made a purchase
The Amazon Affiliate program, is an affiliate marketing program. It’s free for website owners and bloggers to become Amazon Associates.
They advertise products from Amazon.com on their sites by links supplied be Amazon
When customers click the links and buy products from Amazon, they earn a commission.
The Amazon Associates Program launched in 1998,and at that time online marketing was in its infancy stage, there was not a lot of ways to make money online, things have changed dramatically, and I think it’s due to Amazon’s affiliate program.
Amazon has since expanded its product line, the ability to make income from Amazon has become easier.
With all online marketing it is best done through content production, that is writing about the product you are promoting and the best way to do that is to have your own website (you can have one for free HERE).
Like any other home-based money-making business, earning an income with Amazon requires research, work, and marketing. Here are some tips for maximizing the Amazon Associates Program. Amazon commission is considered to be low, so you will have to sell a lot to earn anything substantial
I would advise that you choose some products that are priced between $50-$200 of course you can choose lower priced goods too as there is a chance that the lower priced goods will be easier to sell, but you should bear in mind that the earnings will be low.
Here are some pros for becoming an Amazon associate.
Pros of Becoming an Amazon Affiliate
There are several great reasons to join Amazon Associates program, including:
- Amazon is a highly visited, well-known name that people use and trust every day.
- It’s free to join.
- There are no traffic thresholds or other metrics you need to be accepted into the program.
- There are tons and tons of products you can promote.
- Amazon has many tools to help you sell specific items, or a category of items.
- There is a good reporting system so you know what’s getting clicks and what’s selling.
- You can receive direct deposit payments into your bank account.
- Amazon offers good customer service to its buyers, so you reduce the risk of having your visitors get mad at you if they have a problem with the product.
- Even if your visitor doesn’t buy the product you referred, if they buy something on that visit, you earn a commission.
To become an Amazon Associate, you need to visit the amazon associate website http://affiliate-program.amazon.com/
Then click on I am a new customer
State who is the main contact for the account
Build your Profile
List the websites and mobiles you plan to use as an associate.
Answer questions about traffic and content to complete your profile.
Wait for a phone call to verify your identity
Wait for a phone call to verify your identity
Cons of the Amazon Associates Program
Nothing is ever perfect, including the Amazon affiliate program. Here are a few downsides:
- The commission is between 6-10% which is low compared to some other affiliate programs.
- Their cookies only last 24-hours. That means if your referral doesn’t buy within 24 hours, you won’t get credit. (However, if the product is added to their cart, the cookie lasts 90 days.)
- You’re not allowed to send Amazon affiliate links in emails. That includes blog posts that get sent as an email.
- If you have a U.S. site and are promoting products in the Amazon U.S. store, you won’t get credit for referring someone who ends up buying the product from outside the country (i.e. Amazon UK).
- To get credit for getting paid for purchases outside your country according to sellapp.com
- Selling internationally on Amazon
How To Sell Internationally On Amazon
- Step 1: Register to sell globally on amazon. …
- Step 2: Enter the required details and make a payment. …
- Step 3: Link the regional amazon seller accounts. …
- Step 4: Create the product listings in the new international marketplace and start selling. …
- Step 5: Keep the language requirements in mind.
- Payment options are only through direct deposit, check, or Amazon gift card. There’s no PayPal option.
- Amazon payments are sent 2 months following the end of the month in which they were earned .
- The minimum payment for gift cards is $10 and the minimum payment for checks is $100]. If you don’t meet the minimum payout amount, your earnings will be rolled over to the next month$100, which isn’t that much if you make lots of sales, but a lot of you’re only earning a few dollars a month.
Wikihow.com states Amazon will not accept you as an associate unless you have a website or YouTube with content and have an audience.
If you do not have a website and desire to own one you can do so for free at Wealthy Affiliate, and it will cost you nothing.
Wealthy Affiliate was started in 2005, and has an A+ rating at BBB. Our membership is drawn from 193 countries and has a community of 1.4 million
You can learn more about Wealthy Affiliate here
There are two types of membership, the free and premium. There is a big difference in what is available in the premium membership.
I have left a list of what’s provided in both membership.
With the free membership you are given 10 lessons and 2 websites and at the end of these lessons your websites will be up and running
The premium membership you are given 50 web sites, you can have many streams of income.
I have a link to a blog post by a member of Wealthy Affiliate and a training about Amazon affiliate hope you find them informative.
Thanks for stopping by and if you have any question or comment please leave them in the space provided and I will reply ASAP
NOTE: This post includes affiliate links, which, if clicked on and a product purchased, I get a small commission (with no increase in cost to you).